Saturday 20 June 2020

30 DAYS WILD : DAY 20 - THREE SMALL THINGS

Fly with big brown eyes. Green


This morning I went for a walk and stopped at a stone bridge over a stream and there I saw three small things.


A fly with big brown eyes


Seed growing in moss on parapet of stone bridge



A seed growing in the moss on the parapet


Green, stripey insect.


A stripey something on a leaf with galls. It was only a few millimetres long and I have no idea what it is. Have you?

Badge and Link to 30 Days Wild 2020
Today's Random Act of
Wildness is to
see three tiny things.


8 comments:

Adrian Ward said...

Greenbottle fly and I think a Green Mirid Bug Nymph but I wouldn't put money on it.

Lucy Corrander Now in Halifax! said...

Thanks Adrian. One sees greenbottles around but I'd not seen this kind of nymph before.

Granny Sue said...

Your photos are stunning! Especially the seed, and the fly. I never thought of flies as beautiful, but this one sure is.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Lovely photos of the kind of details most of us pass by.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I am no help with IDs, but I admire your macro photography skills so much.

Lucy Corrander Now in Halifax! said...

Hello Granny Sue. I find flies are wonderful to see when you photograph and enlarge them. They are so complex and often with wonderful colours. (Glad you like the photos. Thank you.)

Lucy Corrander Now in Halifax! said...

Hello John. I really enjoy being somewhere where there seems to be nothing to see - and finding what really is there!

Lucy Corrander Now in Halifax! said...

Hello Sallie. Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy the photos. I use the camera as a kind of microscope. I take the photos and enlarge them when I get home so I can see what my naked eye would not have allowed me.