Monday 15 June 2020

30 DAYS WILD : DAY 13 - A VASE ON MONDAY

On Saturday I was presented with a bouquet - a special little gathering of flowers from my own allotment. Not being able to go here myself is frustrating so having them brought back to me was warming. I'd even go as far as to say 'exciting'. I've not participated in 'In A Vase on Monday' before. Apart from daffodils, I'm not a very flowers-in-a-vase person. I enjoy having flowers in the house but rarely get round to 'doing' them - unless they arrive as a gift, which doesn't happen very often! So this, friends, is an event. I want to record it. 

Here, in a little watering can teapot I was given at Christmas are:

Wild marjoram, Ivy leaved toad-flax, Horse Tails (often called Mares Tails instead) Chives, A Welsh poppy that hasn't grown very big, Thyme, Dianthus - otherwise known as 'Pinks'

Wild marjoram
Ivy leaved toad-flax
Horse Tails (often called Mare's Tails)
Chives
A Welsh poppy that hasn't grown very big
Thyme
Dianthus - otherwise known as 'Pinks'.


Badge and Link to 30 Days Wild 2020
30 DAYS WILD
Today's Random Act of
Wildness is to
gather some flowers
into a vase!


The 'In a Vase on Monday' carnival is hosted by Cathy at  'Rambling in the Garden' and the Random Act of Wildness for today is . . . to gather some flowers into a vase.

15 comments:

the running wave said...

I love your little vase, and all the delightful flower names that go to make it up! You should join us more often! It's a good place to be on Monday, with such a cross section of plant material from a number of different countries - it's fascinating! Amanda https://therunningwave.blogspot.com/2020/06/clocking-time-in-vase-on-monday.html

Stasher said...

I hope you manage to get out to your allotment, it will be a shock to see all the growth after an absence. In the meantime your lovely vase filled with pickings will be consolation. Lovely of you to join us. Noelle

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

That should win a prize!

Lucy Corrander Now in Halifax! said...

Hello Amanda. I'm glad you appreciate the names as well as the flowers themselves. As I say in the text, I don't often have flowers in the house . . . though I do like them. I see many of the vases people prepare each week though in my usual round of gardening blogs.

Lucy Corrander Now in Halifax! said...

Hello Noelle. It's very strange not being able to visit the allotment. I started off squash and tomatoes and runner beans and various other things at home and have got someone else to plant them in the ground for me - so I will be able to eat its produce even though I won't be doing most of the growing myself. In the meantime, it is great to have this little memento of what is going on up there. The ivy-leaved toad flax grows through the greenhouse floor, the chives are usually prolific and the marjoram grows all over the place!

Lucy Corrander Now in Halifax! said...

Hello John. It's lovely isn't it? I shall pass your compliment on to the picker!

Cindy said...

What a sweet and darling vase. Just the kind we'd all like to receive. Welcome to your first "In a vase" gathering. The more, the merrier!!!

Susie at pbmGarden said...

Welcome to sharing Monday vases. Your flowers are lovely and the watering can teapot is ideal to hold them. Have a good week.

Cathy said...

My goodness, Lucy, you certainly have been through the wringer and lockdown certainly could be the difference between life and death. Will you have to isolate till a vaccine is available? What a shame to be in the position of having to leave your allotment to others for the duration - well done to whoever it is or they are for supporting you in this way. We know on IAVOM that even the simplest vase brings pleasure and your little snippets make such joyful statement. I know you are intentionally posting a wild contribution, but nevertheless I trust these are not the only occupants of your allotment!

Anna said...

Lucy I can only imagine how much joy that vase of flowers bought you and lovely to see you share it on a Monday! How is the allotment these days- is anyone working it for you?

Anna said...

Aaaaaah! 😱I've only just noticed the mare's tail - the bane of my allotment and garden too.

liz said...

Lucy, love the gift of flowers from your allotment. A charming display and all named! I’m impressed. Like you, I’m not too good about picking flowers for vases in my house but enjoy making “arrangements” for others. Spend more time weeding!

Kris Peterson said...

How nice of your friends to bring you a floral gift from the garden you're unable to visit! That's better than a photo in my opinion. I love the toadflax. Welcome to IAVOM!

Flighty said...

Lovely, and I like the vase. I rarely bring flowers home from the plot to put in a vase, despite meaning to all too often. xx

Granny Sue said...

How lovely! And what sweet gift.