Friday 20 April 2018

IN THEORY IT'S A STREET PLANT POST

Large green leaves with prickles in car park.
Messed up again! If it's not one thing it's another. I could give you a list but just at this moment it's that I've lost my glasses. As you know, I'm sharing a house with fellow blogger Esther Montgomery. And one of her sons decided to clean out under the floorboards of his room. The house was built in 1885 and a lot of dust has drifted down there since so when I was offered the honour of lifting a board and it pinged up all of a sudden, a lot of that dust pinged up with it. Then, when I went to wash it off my face I took my glasses off and now, er, I don't know where they are.

So, nose to screen, here's a picture of a plant I photographed earlier today. I don't know what it is. Could it be in the teasle family? More will follow when I can see!

Then, when it's a proper street plant post, I'll put a box here in case you want to add your link to a street plant post too.

11 comments:

Imperfect and Tense said...

Is it one of the Dock family?

Re lost glasses, go and look for something else, as that's when you find the previous thing you were searching for :o)

Lucy Corrander Now in Halifax! said...

Hello Imperfect and Tense. From a distance I thought it was a dock - then I saw prickles on the underside and docks are soothing, not prickly. (I'm saying that but realise there are different kinds of docks so maybe some have prickles?)
By the way - fantastic name 'Imperfect and Tense' for your blog.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Oh No! I hope you found out glasses by now.

-Soma

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Didn't you leave your glasses hanging on some railings in the previous post, or am I confused again. Anyway, not to worry, I can tell you from experience that glasses are very easy to locate as they make a crunching noise when you stand on them.

Flighty said...

Teasel leaves look like that and have prickles on the undersides. I hope that you've found your glasses. xx

Anonymous said...

I think teasel is a definite possibility too. Have the house elves perhaps borrowed your glasses? If so, you’ve no worries- they’ll return them once they’re done with them 😉.

liz said...

The size of the whatever-it-is street plant is impressive. (I also liked your cobbled street photo. Are there many of those in Halifax?)
As to glasses, I lose mine at least once daily. Perhaps if you lifted another board?

Hollis said...

I actually got a post together this month--shocking except that I cheated ;) New trees went in along the street under construction near my house. Still haven't found any true street plants, too early here. I will add a link when a box shows up. Until then: https://hjsmiscellaneousstuff.blogspot.com/2018/04/new-street-trees.html

sure hope you find your glasses! I would have a rough time without mine

Alistair said...

I don't know what your street plant is. It may even be a welcome sight around here amongst all these folks who want a detached house but can't be bothered with the garden.

Pat Tillett said...

I have no idea what kind of plant that is, but it is certainly a survivor!
Hope you find your glasses. That is exactly why I have two pairs.

Looking for Blue Sky said...

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear about the glasses, but I'm sure you've found or replaced them now and I have no idea about that plant, though I do pride myself on at least knowing more than my children, wh sadly seem to have little interest in learning about the natural world around us